The DURAN Group introduces the new bottle system for the 21st century laboratory. The new YOUTILITY bottle system was developed by the DURAN Group, who originated the screw threaded GL 45 DURAN®
borosilicate glass laboratory bottle in 1972. Since then the DURAN®
GL 45 Laboratory Bottle has become the bottle of choice for laboratories around the world.
Now, the DURAN® YOUTILITY bottle represents a new generation of glass laboratory bottles for use in a wide and diverse range of applications. The innovation does not stop at the improved ergonomic bottle shape, but extends to dedicated accessories that incorporate many new innovative features to improve handling, sample identification, and ease of use. The new YOUTILITY bottles and accessories help to make laboratory work easier, safer, more economical and fun.
DURAN® YOUTILITY lab screw top bottle GL 45
- Specially shaped gripping zones on both sides of the bottle for easier and safer handling.
- With the new YOUTILITY bottle thread opening or closing the bottle is significantly faster. The thread is fully compatible with DIN GL 45 closures and other accessories.
- The slimmer YOUTILITY bottle shape allows a more optimal use of limited space in autoclaves and laboratory refrigerators.
- A pre-defined labelling area is compatible with the dedicated DURAN® self-adhesive YOUTILITY bottle labels.
- Nominal volume is shown at the top of the easy-to-read graduation scale for fast determination of the volumes.
- A range of sequentially sized bottles are available in the four popular volumes of 125, 250, 500 and 1000 ml.
- Glass bottle body is moulded from the tried and tested DURAN® borosilicate 3.3 pharmacopoeial Type 1 neutral glass. DURAN® glass offers very good chemical resistance and high temperature resistance.
- The YOUTILITY bottle has an integrated Retrace Code to allow full product traceability. The lot specific certificate of conformance is available at: www.duran-group.com.
- Each DURAN® YOUTILITY bottle is supplied as a complete system, with a pouring ring (cyan polypropylene) and a GL 45 cap (cyan polypropylene).
DURAN® YOUTILITY Screw Cap GL 45
- The DURAN®YOUTILITY Screw Cap GL 45 is manufactured from a food-grade polypropylene and is fully reusable.
- Ergonomically shaped screw cap with optimised grooves and ridges for a more efficient and easier tightening or removal, especially with smaller sized or gloved hands.
- The faster opening and closing thread of the YOUTILITY screw cap is fully compatible with DIN GL 45 bottle threads. The optimised cap sealing system ensures a liquid tight seal.
- The YOUTILITY screw cap has an integrated Retrace Code to provide full product traceability. The lot specific certificate of conformance is available at www.duran-group.com.
- A pre-defined labelling area on the cap is compatible with the dedicated DURAN® self-adhesive YOUTILITY labels.
DURAN® GL 45 Bottle Tag
- The colourful silicone GL 45 Bottle Tags can be easily and securely attached around the neck of the YOUTILITY bottle.
- The Bottle Tags are available in many distinct colours for easy customisation and unambiguous bottle identification.
- The elastic Bottle Tags will fit around any DIN GL 45 bottle neck, and can even be applied with the screw cap in place.
DURAN® YOUTILITY Labels
The YOUTILITY Labels are custom designed for use with the DURAN®YOUTILITY bottle system. A pack contains a roll of 200 label sets (200 bottle (36 × 70 mm) and 200 screw cap labels (30 mm diameter) labels) in a re-sealable, water resistant box.
- The labels are manufactured from a tear resistant, matt white, polyester material coated with a high performance adhesive.
- The surface will accept a variety of inks, including copier, printer, ballpoint and technical markers.
- The labels are chemically resistant with a wide -40°C to +150°C performance range, making them suitable for use in fridges, freezers, autoclaves, incubators and water baths.
- Both labels formats feature an autoclave / steam sterilisation Class 1 process indicator (ANSI/AAMI/ISO 11140-1:2005).
- The labels are non-toxic, and lead free.
- After use the labels may be easily removed by peeling.